Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Freddy's Backroom 1/8/14 Blues Jam - Brooklyn. New York


So we went down to the Blues Jam.

Being "steeped" in the Blues so much as two noodle eating Italians and one rice eating Korean can be (and as members of "The Sub-Basement Blues Band") we stepped in with our Kimchi Parmigiana taste with foresight.

  The Good Yeggs took a visit to our friend and partner in Musical "Crymes" Joe Filosa's Blues Jam which he was holding at one of our favorite watering holes the one and only Freddy's Bar of which the "Backroom" holds a most intimate setting. 


Two Jack on the Rocks for my friends and a Guinness for me. 

Why I would ever have a Guinness again after the Heritage Pub is beyond me but it does whet the whistle.


The Blues Jam Bloom's. Props to the Uke player, Joe and I were very impressed (Thomas too).

Well,... These things can go Really Sloppy, In-Between or Really Well. This one went Really Well, All good players and all could play fluently. 

Joe Filosa played Drums for the first few numbers and then I did for the next bunch, Everyone had a great time doing what we all do,... PLAY MUSIC.


The most endearing moment of the night non musically was from Joe on the ride back home. 

I took this photo right before he called his wife and Joe said "Wow, this is the first time I am calling Jennie in my new Pilot's cap". 

God bless them both and the pilot's cap too. 


1/9/14 - The Bass amp with accoutrements at Good Yeggs rehearsal the very next day.

Well I guess the Blues Music Brings On The Booze.

This Is Show # 12

- Spike

No comments:

Post a Comment