Search This Blog

Saturday, November 28, 2015

JOE FILOSA'S BIRTHDAY BASH - 11/28/15 Three Jolly Pigeons, Brooklyn, New York


The Good Yeggs with a photobombing Brian Dillon.

OK, no. I was adamant he be in the photo.

Once again it is that time of year when Joe Filosa throws his annual birthday bash and graciously invited us down to be part of the roster of bands celebrating the anniversary of his birth.

As usual everyone had a Blast and this is one of the rarer Gigs where you can witness tag-team Drummers, not mid song mind you but everyone gets a chance.

I for one got to Jam with Normal (along with Joe Yegg) and a cast of Musicians of whom I never got to catch their name (for a fifth time, since I am terrible with names) and banged two drumsticks together during DLS' unresistable version of "I'm A Man"

Joe Yegg, That "two penny" whore played with every band on this night. 
He made eight cents or even more, That Bastard.


Joe Filosa and myself.

Why can we never get a photo in focus and lit well thus far, we must be vampires.


DLS with our very own Joe Cacciola sitting in on Bass Guitar for the second weekend in a row. I Love these guys.


Once a Yegg always a Yegg.

Of note we had the 3JP Dancers up on the floor. From my vantage point as well as being myopic and removing my eyeglasses prior to our performance I missed it all but they were dancing at the back of the bar and finally sashayed up during our set and were in full swing is the word on the street.

You Go Girls !!!.

We played a nice tight set and redeemed ourselves from our "sloppy" set the weekend before (a fist fight did break out mid-set which tends to distract from the attention span of performing musicians though), however I must take blame. You are not a good Band without a good Drummer.

Not tooting my own Snare, just saying, at least I was OK tonight.


Tuning up.

A quintessential part of not sounding like "Bloody Hell" on stage.


Joe Filosa's wife Patti once again dazzled us with her homeade cooking.

Sliced Beef, Ziti, Meatballs and a Sweet Potato Stew with Peanut Sauce. Not sure of what that is in the upper right hand corner (or the upper left hand corner if you were standing at the table). Of course there were many Cakes and Eggplant Pizza as well as what I think was Sfincione but I had to exit early due to an engagement the next day. I did take my last few bites of Eggplant Pizza along with me so as not to insult its Foodie Goodishness.


PIZZA IN A CUP.

"All I need are these Drumsticks,... and this remote control,... thats all I need"

This Is Show # 23

- Spike

No comments:

Post a Comment